It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, October 16, 2015

Having Too Much Fun... But Not Really Knitting

Yes, I know, it's been a while since my last post... but I have a really REALLY good excuse.

Why would I knit when I'm in 100 degree heat having the BEST! TIME! EVER! ?

Untitled 
Untitled

Untitled

The whole family (my brother in law, inlaws, my parents, my sister, US...) packed up and hit Disneyland and California Adventure Park for the Thanksgiving weekend and IT. WAS. AWESOME.  (And also so hot.  SO SO SO SO SO SO SO very very very very very HOT.)  One could barely even think of knitting after a long day in the park- and all I did was collapse into a nap/bedtime heap when we were back in the room.

I don't even regret not knitting.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Needless to say BEFORE we left was madness and afforded very little in the way of knitting time- but since we've been home I've had a chance to sneak in a row or two.

The mittens are close- now for thumbs.  (I HATE THUMBS...)

Untitled

AND- the sock even got a few rows in on the plane down to Anaheim.  (I couldn't even formulate proper sentences I was so tired on the way back- so no knitting.)

Untitled

The good news is that there isn't really anything to distract me now (ok maybe Halloween and a certain mister's 4 year old {!!!!!} birthday party), so I should be able to make it back on the progress train and get some things done here shortly.  The air is cool and crisp and I'm so ready to just sit down and knit for a long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right; VERY HOT! A very fun weekend and we made lots of memories for everyone!