It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Distractions

It's official, I'm kind of sick of hats.  That hasn't stopped me, mind you, from knitting 2 more, but my heart just doesn't care anymore.

Untitled

Untitled

Thankfully I'm nearing the end of my little flirtation with bits and bobs and so far I've knit past my estimate of 14 hats, bringing the total to 15. This is all that remains for hat yarn.

Untitled

Knowing that I was sick of hats I needed something else to "play with" when I'm not cranking out ideas for "ye olde Stampede entry"... which here's a little teeny hint:

Untitled

I needed something fun and distracting and frivolous... and I all of a sudden I KNEW what I needed to do.

SPRING OUTFITS FOR THE BUNNIES!

Untitled

OF COURSE!  These guys can't wear their red and white Christmas sweaters in APRIL?  What was I thinking?! 

Untitled Untitled

Dress Pattern:  Seasonal Dresses Pattern by Julie Williams
Yarn: Fingering Weight scraps
Needles: 2.75 mm
Notes: Julie Williams writes extremely well thought out and thorough patterns.  If you ever want to cut your teeth on anything she has written I would HIGHLY recommend it.  Her patterns are worth every penny you pay for them!  (The Bunnies- which were knit previously are linked here.)

Untitled Untitled

Sweater/Shorts Pattern: Textured Sweater Pattern by Julie Willams
Yarn: Fingering Weight Scraps
Needles: 2.75 mm
Notes: ADORABLE.  And I love, LOVE, LOVE that she leaves a little spot for the tail to poke through in the shorts.  Cute factor is off the charts!

Untitled

Untitled
(Sheesh... these two can't keep their hands off each other!)

Little distractions are fun but I'm still focusing on the big ones too.  I haven't conquered much on my "to do" list for April (except knit hats).  I think I'm going to add "finish the hats" to the April list too.  I'm formulating an idea for the baby blanket for July and am hoping to pull the trigger on the yarn soon.  And the mystery project should get a bunch of undivided attention on Friday when I have a little more free time.

Much is percolating and happening over here- stay tuned!

No comments: