It has been since I last bought yarn!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rainbow Finish Line

It is January 31 and I am happy to report that my goal for the month is complete!  The second rainbow blanket is off the needles now.  (Goal was off the needles, not ends woven in and blocking as you'll recall.)

Untitled

I knit 2 blankets this month!  Both were mosaic patterns and both were knit in worsted weight acrylic on US size 9 needles.


I'm pretty darn proud of myself.  But, despite my best efforts to use up all of the yarn- I still have leftovers.


Probably enough to do yet another blanket.  I'll get to it at some point, but probably not for a little while.

I guess that means it's time we look ahead to February.  And since I'm a big fan of alliteration, I immediately joined the "February is for Finishing" group over in Bubbo's Pants.  This is a group that I lurk in often on Ravelry.  (They are awesomely supportive of one another and usually pretty funny... they just seem like a nice bunch of people so I sort of hang out there, even if I don't participate all that often.)  I liked the idea of planning on working on finishing things so much that I decided to join.  Here's what I'd like to finish and for February:

1) Knit 2 hats for charity** (more on that below)

2) Finish the 2nd pair of Polaris mittens

3) Fully finish (ends/blocking) of Rainbow Swirls

4) Fully finish (ends/blocking) of Rainbow Hugs and Kisses

5) Finish the Preschool socks

I'm not going to lie.  It's a lot.  It's going to be a challenge.  BUT- I also know that I feel so much better when I don't have a bunch of things lying around on the needles- and so, I'm really hoping I can accomplish this!  Here's a shot of everything in the "finish pile".


Good lord, I've bitten off more than I can chew- haven't I?!

A quick aside about the hats... as usual I have a 2015 hat project planned out.  I have a lot of just scrap bits of sport weight yarn I want out of my stash.  And so I'm going to knit it in hats.  It probably means more ends to weave in than I'd like but.... oh well.


How many hats are in this bag?  I think there are 14.  (That's just an entirely random number because I'm not even sure I'm close on that.)

So there you have it- I've laid out my February goal and I'm ready to dive in.  (Hopefully it will mean several updates and finished things to look forward to in February!)

(To track my progress on my finishing you can just watch the "On the Needles" bar over on the right hand side.  I usually take the finished bars off after I've completed a project, but I'll keep them up for February.  100% will mean it is ends woven in, washed, blocked, FULLY, 100% done-zo.  {Except for hats... obviously- I only need to knit 2 in February.})

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feb. 2: Wow you're really chewing up the projects! MiL

Robin said...

Love watching your work. The blankets are really beautiful.